Welcome!

Welcome to our blog!

7.31.2012

Phrasal Verbs






LISTA DE VERBOS FRASAIS - LIST OF PHRASAL VERBS 

VERBO
SIGNIFICADO
TIPO
EXEMPLO
Get at
Querer dizer, insinuar
Inseparável
What are you getting at?
Get at sb
Criticar
Inseparável
He is always getting at me.
Get sth<->across
Comunicar-se, fazer-se entender
Separável
I tried to get my ideas across to her but she didn't listen to me.
Get along/on (with sb)
Dar-se bem com alguém
Inseparável
My wife and my mother get along/on very well.
Get around/round sb
Persuadir
Inseparável
They know how to get around/round their boss.
Get around/round to sth
Encontrar tempo para fazer algo
Inseparável
I hope to get around/round to calling you tomorrow.
Get away
Sair de férias
Inseparável
We are getting away for a few days next week.
Get away (from...)
Sair de algum lugar
Inseparável
I won't be able to get away from the office before 6.
Get away (from sb/...)
Escapar de alguém ou de algum lugar
Inseparável
A prisoner got away from the jail this afternoon.
Get back
Voltar, retornar
Inseparável
What time did you get back last night?
Get sth<->back
Receber algo de volta
Separável
She has got her old job back.
Get back at sb
Vingar-se
Inseparável
She got back at him because he lied to her.
Get back to sth
Retornar a algo
Inseparável
Could we get back to the question of animals?
Get in
Entrar (veículo, casa, etc.)
Inseparável
He got in the truck and drove off.
Get off
Sair (do trabalho com permissão); descer (do carro, do ônibus, do trem, da bicicleta)
Inseparável
Could I get off work early tomorrow? / The bus stopped and three people got off it.
Get on with sth
Usado para falar ou perguntar como alguém está progredindo ou se saindo em alguma situação específica; continuar, prosseguir fazendo algo
Inseparável
How are you getting on at work?
He's getting on very well at school.
Be quiet and get on with your work.
Get on / Get onto
Entrar em algo (carro, ônibus, trem, etc.)
Inseparável
The bus stopped to let more people get on. / He got on his motorbike and rode away.
Get out (of sth)
Sair de algum lugar; livrar-se de algo
Inseparável
Get out of my house now! / I wish I could get out of this meeting! I'm so busy.
Get over sth
Superar (problemas)
Inseparável
She can't get over her shyness.
Get over sth/sb
Recuperar-se de uma doença, perda, dificuldade, término de relacionamento, etc
Inseparável
Finally he has got the divorce.
Get through (to sb)
Fazer contato por telefone
Inseparável
I'm trying to get through but her line is always busy.
Get together (with sb)
Encontrar-se com alguém por motivos sociais ou para discutir algo
Inseparável
Manager is going to get together with his employees.
Get up / Get sb up
Levantar-se da cama, acordar-se ou acordar alguém
Inseparável
I usually get up at 6.30.
Get up
Levantar-se
Inseparável
The class got up when the teacher came in.
Get yourself/sb up as sth
Vestir-se ou vestir alguém como outra pessoa
Inseparável
She was got up as Japanese woman.
Get sth<->up
Organizar
Separável
We are getting up a party for her birthday.
Get up to sth
Chegar a um ponto específico
Inseparável
I got up to the page 84 of the book.
Give sb away
Levar a noiva ao altar
Separável
My father gave me away at my wedding.
Give sb/sth<-> away
Revelar algo secreto ou alguma informação secreta sobre alguém
Separável
My little sister gave the surprise party away by accident.
Give sth<->away
Dar algo como presente
Separável
The library was giving away old books on Saturday.
Give sth<->back (to sb)
Devolver algo ao proprietário
Separável
Could you give me my pen back?
Give in (to sb/sth)
Concordar em fazer algo que você não quer
Inseparável
My boyfriend didn't want to go to the movies, but he finally gave in.
Give out
Chegar ao fim
Inseparável
Her patience finally gave out.
Give sth<->out
Distribuir algo
Separável
They were giving out free perfume samples at the department store.
Give up
Desistir
Inseparável
She doesn't give up easily.
Give sth<->up
Parar com alguma atividade, largar um vício, um hábito, etc.
Separável
She didn't give up work when she had the baby. / You should give up smoking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Help us to improve our blog by setting your opinion here.Go ahead!